Mother and Child Paua Shell Necklace - GoldNostalgem
A pair of real farmed paua shells representing Mother & Child. Paua shells are hand sculpted with clay then the outer shell plated in gold. Both shells face each other (clam style). Hangs on a gold plated sterling silver chain necklace.
– shell height: mother approx 15-20mm, baby approx 10-15mm
– chain metal: 45-50cm sterling silver base chain
– packaging: charcoal black cardboard box
– Blue Paua (Blue Abalone) symbolises the unique beauty of New Zealand as it is a native marine mollusc found along the Kiwi shores.
– Paua’s iconic internal lustre represents true inner beauty that never fades away but grows & matures with time.
Paua shells have been sourced from a sustainable and ethical local paua farm. These shells have not reached full maturity so have been sustainably repurposed for jewellery.
We work with natural elements to create pieces that are one-of-a kind. What you receive might not look exactly the same as what is pictured, but each piece will share your individuality and uniqueness!